Stream J. Period’s “The RISE UP Project” Album
J. Period is doing much more than just sitting on the sidelines and letting things go by as his “The RISE UP Project” stand to correct the social vices and also stands as the soundtrack for social change.
He enlists the likes of Black Thoughts, Pharoahe Monch, Xzibit, Rhymefest, Posdnuos, dead prez, Aloe Blacc, Dayne Jordan and many others to help him pass a powerful message on the 10-track album.
J. Period, Young Guru, DJ Jazzy Jeff and DJ Khalil executive produce the compilation, which boasts beats from a few of the aforementioned names as well as Tall Black Guy and Stro Elliot.
“For two years, we’ve been on a mission to bring artists together across the country to inspire all-star collaborations, dynamic performances, and honest conversations… through music,” Period says. “Today, we raise the bar.”
I think in a society filled with oppression and racism, these is the type of movement that is needed to help make a bigger change, it won’t take a day or a year but success is always guaranteed, if they stick to the part.
Listen to project below and let us know what you think about it by leaving a comment for us below.
Stream Below: Via Spotify Or Apple Music Here
1. RISE UP! f. Black Thought, Posdnuos, Pharoahe Monch & Joss Stone
2. Miranda (Remix) f. Rhymefest, Xzibit & Jesse Williams
3. Mr. Officer (Edit) f. Eric Roberson
4. See the Light f. Andra Day & Dead Prez
5. Love Your Brother (Interlude) f. Maimouna Youssef
6. SOLDIERS f. Dead Prez, Sa-Roc & Maimouna Youssef
7. Hands Up, Don’t Shoot f. Aloe Blacc
8. The Follower (J.PERIOD Remix) f. Dayne Jordan, Aaron Camper & Mayda Del Valle
9. America Divided (Outtro)
10. Things Deeper Than My Skin f. Ozay Moore
Jayden Brown is a dedicated Hip-Hop writer and music lover, he updates 8o8wave daily and also manages the other writers and contributors. He oversees site content.