After working on multiple hits and projects for decades, legendary producers Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis are ready to put out one of their own. The pair have announced their debut studio album ‘Jam & Lewis Volume One,’ also sharing a star-studded tracklist.
With an outstanding 16 Billboard Hot 100 number 1s to their name, the multi-platinum and GRAMMY-winning duo are looking to add to the list with a 10 track album with guest appearances from Toni Braxton, Morris Day, Jerome, Morris Day, The Roots, Mariah Carey, and others.
Signed to BMG, the pair recently spoke with Variety on what it truly meant to release a debut project after years of works and so many accolades.
“It’s crazy to think we’re about to release our debut album after all these years,” said Lewis. “This is going to be a very special moment and we are grateful to have this team behind us.”
Jimmy Jam added, “BMG immediately got our vision and understood where we wanted to go with this album. There was real mutual respect. We’ve found the perfect partner to kick off this next era and finally deliver our first record to the world.”
Jam & Lewis Volume One TRACKLIST:
1. ‘Til I Found You (Ft. Ann Nesby, James “Big Jim” Wright, Lauren Evans & Sounds Of Blackness)
2. Spinnin (Ft. Mary J. Blige)
3. The Next Best Day (Ft. Boyz II Men)
4. Somewhat Loved (There You Go Breakin’ My Heart) (Ft. Mariah Carey)
5. He Don’t Know Nothin’ Bout It (Ft. Babyface)
6. Happily Unhappy (Ft. Toni Braxton)
7. Maybe I’ve Changed (Or Did You) (Ft. Heather Headley)
8. Do What I Do (Ft. Charlie Wilson)
9. Do It Yourself (Ft. Usher)
10. Babylove (Ft. Morris Day, Jerome, Morris Day & The Roots)
Jayden Brown is a dedicated Hip-Hop writer and music lover, he updates 8o8wave daily and also manages the other writers and contributors. He oversees site content.